The Taste Festival is the highlight of the Tamworth Culinary Calendar.
Join us for 10 days of unforgettable eating and drinking as we celebrate the best of our region’s wine and produce.
Taste in the Park
Sunday 7 April 2013, 10am – 3pm
Join us in Bicentennial Park for a day of delicious local and regional produce from stallholders across the region.
- New for 2013! Bring the kids along to take part in ‘Bite Size’ a hands on cooking area where kids can learn about food and cooking. A small fee will apply for this activity.
- The Celebrity Cook Off is back again in 2013. See local media personalities Ann Walsh (Tamworth Musical Society), Nicola Strohal (Prime7) and Taylor & Kaia (92.9/2TM) fight it out with knives and woks against the reigning TASTE queen Anna Moulder (ABC Radio). Heats are on at 11am and 12pm with the final at 1pm.
- For stallholder information please download the exhibitor application form
The Long Lunch
Sunday 14 April 2013, 12pm start
Enjoy a five course meal and wine at a long table under the trees in Bicentennial Park. The Long Lunch is a showcase of the region’s top chefs and restaurants using high quality locally grown regional produce and ingredients.
Tickets are now on sale from Destination Tamworth, in person from the Visitor Information Centre and Capitol Theatre Box Office or by phoning 02 6767 5300.
Kootingal Pumpkin Festival
Sunday 14 April 2013, 9am - 4pm, Kootingal Sportsground
Entry via gold coin donation.
The Kootingal Pumpkin Festival is a one day community festival promoting the village of Kootingal. The Kootingal area is renowned for pumpkin growing and the festival includes competitions for the biggest grown pumpkin and best pumpkin recipe, live entertainment, shearing and wood chopping demonstrations, wine tasting, pumpkin bowling and regional stalls.
For more info visit the Kootingal Pumpkin Festival website.
Farm Gate Trail
Talk to the farmer and see where your food comes from – Jump in the car and TASTE your way around the region with our Farm Gate Trail.
- Arc-en-Ciel Trout Farm – Hanging Rock
- Peel Valley Milk - Woolomin
- Belwood Grove - Loomberah
- Koolkuna Berries - Niangala
- Le Pruneau Organic Markets - Tamworth
- Australian Bush Honey - Nemingha
- Quast Turkeys - Kootingal
- Barraba Artisans & Farmers Markets
- Banalasta Blickling Estate - Bendemeer
- New England Cheese - Nowendoc
- Greenhill Orchards - Arding
- New England Brewing Company - Uralla
- Sunhill Dairy Goats and Sunhill Skin Essentials - Uralla
- Eastview Estate - Kentucky
- Bacco’s Bakery – Murrurundi
- Hunter Belle Cheese - Muswellbrook
For directions please download the Farm Gate Trail map
For tour dates and times please download the Farm Gate Trail schedule or check out our Facebook page for updates on Farm Gate Trail opening times and locations. Look out for the red flags at the farm gates.